Sunday 25 October 2015

Where to Visit in Bandung: Alun-Alun Bandung (Bandung Town Square)

Holla! Today I'm gonna recommend you about a good place for you to visit in Bandung; Alun-Alun Bandung! Alun-alun means Town Square. I just visited it yesterday night with my family. It was the same time when Bobotoh did a parade because PERSIB just won in the finals a week ago! Yay! But it's also a nay because everywhere in bandung, even at night, became so noisy and crowded. I can't even walk across the road because all motorcycles were driving at excessive speed. But another night in Bandung doesn't mean the roads will be quiet. Bandung is the city that never sleeps. It feels so alive at night.

I've always missed times like this, when me and my parents walking at night on the pavement after parking our car somewhere. We're gonna walk to somewhere interesting to visit. And yesterday I did it.

At around 10 pm, we went out and found a place to park on Jl. Banceuy. At night  there were so many street vendors. They sold foods (pecel lele, seafood, sop kaki kambing), and drinks. We stroll around, taking pictures at Alun-Alun. I didn't wear pants because I was in rush, so the cold kinda gets to my feet.





In Alun-Alun, stood Masjid Raya Bandung. The mosque is in gold color, with 2 towers and has domes as the roof. I couldn't go inside because it was locked. So instead of getting inside, I was watching the night sky with other people in the yard.



There were many people there. They came that night to celebrate the winning of PERSIB Bandung. They came with their family, with their frinds, and their lovers. The children played rubber ball that bounces everywhere in the yard. The yard was made from synthetic grass. The children also played a shining catapult (I'm not sure that this is what it's called). There were also children who played at children playground. They enjoyed playing swings, see-saw, and slides.



After I took some photos, I went back to Jl. Banceuy to eat at one of the street vendors's tent. I chose to eat sop kaki kambing.




My mom chose to eat shrimp with sweet and sour sauce. I drank my orange juice as I chat with my parents. After we filled our stomach, We went back to our car and went home. It was such a happy family night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment